One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

You Can't Stop Change



To change life, or just leave it has it is... things are the things I ponder. Soon I will be finishing my bachelors in human services with an emphasis in victim/survivor services. I have worked hard to obtain this degree. Before I am done I will have completed FOUR 180 hour internships plus 5 semesters of FULL course loads. Along with going to school, and having internships I also work full time and have a four year old son.

At my current job I work evening shift which I love because I do not have to be up at any certain time every day so I can just let me son wake me whenever he gets out of bed. However, starting in August I will be working 20 hours (during the day) a week an hour drive away from my house and then working my full time job from 5-1 at night, and my son will be 5 and going to school from 8-3. For four months I will hardly ever see my son and it upsets me a lot. I am used to being with him all the time and I do not want to give that up. However, if I do not graduate (i am so close) then I did all the work for nothing... if I do graduate I will need to get a different job... SCARY!!!

I have been at my current place of employment for almost 6 years. Change is so scary. On top of that my family and I were thinking about moving to Colorado. I would love to have a "day job" so I can spend nights with my family, but the change scares me....

No comments:

Post a Comment