One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Monday, March 21, 2011

The B-I-B-L-E...thats the book for me....is it???

Okay, lately during church my pastor has been refering to stories in the Bible, apparently we should all know. Well, since I grew up in church, and attended sunday school, youth group, and all that jazz I heard most of the stories. Lately however, I began to ask myself...do you really KNOW the stories??

I know scriptures, and once in order to get my church camp paid for I memorized the Sermon on the Mount. When I go to church on Sundays I read along in the Bible with whatever we are reading. I want to try something different though. I want to read the whole Bible. When listening to KLove the other day, one of the artists said, it is about reading it, not about finishing it.

So, that is why I deiceded I would read the whole new testament by the end of the year. I know 9 months seems like a long time to read 27 books of the Bible. But you see I not only want to read them, I want to understand them, AND apply them to my life. It is one thing to read the words and it is another to apply them and understand them.

So, I challenge myself :) Of course I will keep you all updates as I go. Now, do not get me wrong, I read my Bible, but I usually know what I am looking for, so I just get straight to the point. The Bible is a huge source of information and I plan to tap into that!

No comments:

Post a Comment