One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Part of Genesis Book One :)

Adam 130 fathered Seth; Seth 105 fathered Enosh, Enosh 90 fathered Kenan; Kenan 70 fathered Mahalalel; Mahalalel 65 fathered Jared; Jared 162 fathered Enoch; Enoch 65 fathered Methuselah; Methuselah 187 fathered Lamech; Lamech 182 fathered Noah!
Wow, these men seem to be extremely old in our terms. Adam lived to be 930 years, before he died. I wonder how their years were counted though. Now, if someone reaches the age of 100 years it is a huge triumph. So, were God’s people just living longer, or where the years measured different than we measure them today?? In Genesis 6:1 the Lord said “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.” I think here God is saying He shortened our life span here on earth. However, I am not so sure because after God said this it talks about Noah being 950 years.
SO, Abram slept with his wife’s slave, got her pregnant, then when his wife gave him a son, the slave was dismissed along with their son. The Bible is pretty frustrating sometimes! I know that God still looked out for the son whose mother was the slave. I guess I can see why there is bigamy…Jacob had two wives, and also had children by two servants!
So, I stopped after finishing Genesis 39. I think that was enough name overload for one evening! Wow that is a lot of family, and a lot of names!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment