One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Free education... Not so much

To get the much needed education many jobs require it cost money. In December I will be graduating with my Bachelors degree but it is bitter sweet. I will be a college graduate again, but my debt for student loans is now equal to 30,000 dollars!!! I find it insane that a college education costs about as much as my house does!!! I only attended for two years instead of four and still owe this amount of money. Also thanks for our current president I have to pay it off in 10 years! Even if I get a good paying job for my field (human services) it still won't be enough money to live on plus pay for the loans.

So soon I will have a bachelors and. I way to pay back my student loans. It is just crazy to me that we are being penalized for trying to further our education. Something is not right here!

3 comments:

  1. Very pushed for time (Going up the Derbyshire Peak District for a couple of days) but could not resist this. What a lovely little blog and very sensible comment on my blog. Sorry you don't like your president, your other choice seems dire! Plus you are fit and well, that's the most important thing in life. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I do not like the current president I just do not agree with all the things he does. However, I am guessing there are not very many people that agree with any president 100%.

    Being fit and well makes me happy. I also have great friends and family, but still I get irritated by life sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to borrow money for my education too and paid it back in short order (far less than 10 years). I didn't have anything left over while paying it back but I don't regret it one bit. Having my education meant I could actually get a better job than I would have otherwise. It doesn't always work that way though. One has to live where the work is and study the "right" things. I wish you luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete