One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Monday, January 10, 2011

First Snow of 2011

Early this morning the snow began to fall. It slowly began to cover the roads and the grass that had stop growing was also being covered. Finally I was home and ready to crawl into bed! So, I put on my pj's and snuggled down into my covers to hear..."MOMMY!!! MOMMY" I managed to roll myself out of bed to go see what my three year old needed at 3am. When I went in his room, he said, "my movie turned off." Sure enough, it was not playing. After the movie was restarted I began to make my way back to my room when I was stopped by "lay with me mommy."

So, I lay down beside my sweet baby boy to watch a dinosaur movie. "Rub my back mommy," were the next words out of his mouth, so I laid down and began rubbing his back to help him go back to sleep. My eye lids began to drop and my head began to feel heavy and I was almost asleep when I heard "I want chocolate milk." Ugh, so I get up make some chocolate milk take it to him, and tell him to go to sleep after he finishes.

"Lay with me mommy" he said, but I told him mommy needed sleep and she was going to her bed. "can I lay with you moomy" he asked. Of course you can babe, just finish your milk first. Finally, I went to lay down and about ten minutes later I heard the pitter patter of his little feet on my wood floor and he climbed up to snuggle! Off to bed we went!!! Then I was woke up this morning by my three year old jumping on the bed "its snow its snow, I play in it mommy, I play."

So, after eating some breakfast we went out to play in the snow. We played basketball, and made a tiny snow man. Then he wanted snow balls! After making several snow balls my son began to pick them up and throw them at me!!!! Fair???? I don't think so!!! But it was a lot of fun. It was not money that made the day fun...it was simply spending time with my lil man!

No comments:

Post a Comment