One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

To Upgrade or Stay...

So, I am currently struggling with a decision in reference to my car. I currently own a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan that I have loved since I bought it almost 6 years ago. I have put some money into it for minor things, keep up with the oil changes, and try to keep good tires on her. Now she is experiencing several problems. Check engine light on due to an evap problem, leaking oil, and just recently the power steering decides to randomly go out. I have also did some research and apparently this is a large problem and can cause bigger problems, just has wrecks. But of course GM found no reason to do a recall for this....

So, I can put 1,500 dollars into her and hope nothing else goes wrong. Mind you, she has 121,000 miles on her. Or I can look into buying a new car. Of course paying the 1500 would be less than a new car and there would be no payment required. BUT.. what if I put in 1500 and then the motor goes out?? I basically lit 1500 dollars on fire.

New cars... are expensive!!!!! I just cannot imagine paying 22,000 dollars for a car!! I only paid a bit more than that for the house I live in. I cannot believe we are paying this much for cars. I know you say... how about a used one. Well, I am all about a used car... but they are around 15,000 dollars. May as well pay the extra 5 grand and get a car no one has ever had before, and a car with no hidden issues. Also, car dealers are sleazy... I am afraid of getting a piece of crap, or something that runs great until the warranty goes out.

Research, research, research... that is what I am doing right now. Looking at cars and what people think about them and the things that go wrong with them. And I am seeing a trend... those cheap cars (8000 or so) are not lasting long at all. So, I am now on the hunt for a 4 dr car, good gas mileage (around 30 mph or more), no too expensive, great reviews, and lasts awhile.... good luck right.... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment