One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Coming Soon...Haiti!!

Soon, I will be leaving for Haiti. In fact, it will be in 23 days!!! I am going with a medical team to help with medical attention that is lacking in Haiti. In Haiti, they must pay before recieving services. This means if they go into the emergency room almost dieing, they will not be seen unless they have money.

The average Haiti person makes about 1 dollar a day, and an out patient surgery is about 100-200 dollars. So, the medical team I am going with will be able to help these people who have never been to a doctor or who cannot afford a doctor.

I have never been out of the country (USA), so I am very excited to find myself in a position to go. The only things I worry about are leaving my son for ten days, and how I am supposed to keep up with my school work...did I mention I work full time, go to school full time, and have a three year old! Wow life at 24 is looking good!!! HAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment