One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Nap Time Saved My Sanity

"I've noticed that one thing about parents is that no matter what stage your child is in, the parents who have older children always tell you the next stage is worse."  -Dave Barry

Today was a day of patience...and I was lacking. So, my son is three and he is a hand full. Well, he is TWO hands full or three or four!!! Every day is wonderful but also a challenge. Today was one of those days where I wanted to bang my head against the wall. Nothing seemed to be going right...I needed to get laundry, dishes, and more cleaning done in the house but my son did not want me to do any of that, he wanted to play. So...........all housework was set aside so we could play, so I got down on the floor to play with him, then he didn't want me to touch his toys...how was I supposed to play???

Anyway, I just got up and tried to continue with the house work when he decided he was going to throw a tantrum because he wanted to go outside. Let me remind you, there is snow on the ground, and it has been about 2 (yes I said 2) degrees the past couple days, so he has been locked up in the house. Needless to say we then went outside for an hour...where he decided he was going to run in the mud puddles the snow had made even though it was a little shy of 30 degrees. FRUSTRATING!!! He got in trouble for getting wet, and I made him come in so we could have a bath.

Bath time- I filled up the tub with more water than usual because I was trying to make lunch while the tub was filling up....so I went to turn it off and he started screaming about the water being off....UGH! So, I told him he could enjoy the water he had or get out. Reasoning with a three year old is like nailing jello to a tree.

After he finally calmed down enough for me to wash him, we got out of the tub, and had lunch! After lunch it was nap time!!! Thank you nap time, you saved my sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment