One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

I Am Getting You NOTHING For Christmas

Ah Christmas. The time of year we all spend hundreds of dollars to buy gifts for people who probably only see once a year. I find myself thinking about getting them nothing. Not to be malicious or rude but just because what is the point? I buy them some little thing that I can barely afford, they say thank you, and then we do not speak again until the next Christmas. Usually the gift I get them is something they will never even use, because how am I suppose to know about their life when we only see each other that one time I year.
                Now the kids are different right? Everyone buys for kids. The problem there is I cannot ever remember how old they are, or what their names are, because as stated before, I see them once a year. I walked into Christmas dinner today and my niece looked at me and said, “Who are you?” I looked back at her and said, “Don’t worry you only see me once a year.” Now, as I talk about this I am talking about extended family that lives farther away. The family that lives close I know them, and see them often so it is easier to buy for them.
                But.. why am I buying gifts? I can barely afford to get my son the three gifts he gets from “santa” every year. So, it may make some people mad this year or they may not even care but they aren’t getting gifts from me. I will make something to bring to dinner and that will be my contribution.
                Gifts for Christmas are becoming more and more over rated. My son is 5 years old and since he was born he has gotten three gifts from Christmas. Why? Because Jesus received three gifts. It also helps since I do not have a lot of money to spend on Christmas gifts. So, Happy Birthday Jesus, I just hope people can realize the Jesus is the reason for Christmas, not presents, trees, and lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment