One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday in Haiti

Monday in Haiti February 7, 2011.
Not sure what time we woke up this morning but it was early. As most know I am not an early riser. I like to stay up late and get up late. However, this time in Haiti has taught me to go to bed early and get up early! Definitely not what I am use to!!!
This morning I was wondering if I was going to be useful here because I am not medically trained. So, I started out in the pharmacy and I began sorting and putting away different medications we brought. When I was done with that, I walked over to the clinic and basically asked where they needed me. So, Kelly showed me how to use the sterilization machine, so I began sterilizing instruments. It was an interesting experience, some came in with blood still on them and other matter. So, after several hours of sterilizing tools, I asked to watch a surgery. I got to watch Dr. Cotton remove scar tissue from a wrist and do a skin graph. Also, I got to watch Dr. Sheryl deliver twins with the help of a midwife. WOW!! I also got to hold baby number one while baby number two was coming into the world butt up! Both babies were beautiful 8lbs girls!
After the baby delivery I went to fill up my water bottle and was coming down the stairs when I saw Tony playing with some kids. Of course I had to stop and play too! We ended up going behind the compound so we could play some basketball. Can I just tell you I have mad skills!
So, now we had dinner (chicken, rice, blood soup, beans, and bread). And I have some tools I need to get sterilized before I head to bed, so I am off to do that!
God is good ALL the time, ALL the time God is good!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment