One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday in Haiti

So, this morning we all got up and ate breakfast. Breakfast was eggs with green peppers and some other stuff in them. Not sure what was in them but I thought they were really good. I never thought much about eating them until I looked around and Roseann and I were the only ones eating eggs and everyone else had a granola bar. Hmm...oh well they were tasty to me!!

After breakfast we walked over to the hospital and started surgeries. The first was a little boy who was supposed to have a hernia removed but he had reactive air way disease so his surgery was not performed. So from there we did another hernia, a couple hydroceles, and one abnormal growth removal. Wow, it was a busy day!!!! There were lots of tools/instruments that needed sterilized so I was busy busy all day! I also got to watch several surgeries but seriously now my feet hurt!!!
So, we just had dinner and I think it is time for devotions then off to bed because tomorrow we are going into port a prince and then to some bakery up in the mountains…not really sure about that, but I will let you all know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment