One word cannot describe who I am. I am very complex but simple, loud but quiet... I am a constant contradiction to myself.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

saturday in haiti



Saturday in Haiti February 12, 2011:

We left the mission to go to the airport at 7am. We arrived at the airport not too long after 8. When we got to the airport we stood in line for a while then put our luggage through the security check point, these also included checked bags. Then we took our checked bags, and carry-ons to another line where we stood for….I am not even sure how long, at least a couple hours. Finally we had our tickets printed so we went to another checkpoint where they checked our passports. After this there was another security check point where we all got patted down, then ran with the wand! Whew. Finally we made it to the terminal!!!
So, our flight was supposed to leave at 1pm and we were there a few hours early, so we ate lunch and just hung out. Well, next thing we know we look up and our flight is bumped to 3 something…then 5 something…then 6 something. So, we sit around some more, got some more food, laugh hysterically at each other’s jokes; which those around us where not happy about! LOL Then I got sick, I had a fever, and was vomiting..umm…not sure if I caught something Haitian or not. J so, we finally boarded our plane at 6:15. Yes, it was 5 hours later than our normal flight plan so we missed ALL connecting flights.
So, last night we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Miami courtesy of American Airlines, we also paid for dinner and for breakfast. They paid because the reason our plane was delayed was because of mechanical problems. They were in the air and something went wrong so they went back to Miami. Yeah, it was an eventful day. The hotel was really nice though but they did not have Mt. Dew.
You see in Haiti all they have is water and coke. If you are in an “Americanized” area you may be able to get a Sprite, and on a very rare occasion a diet coke. Well, I am a mountain dew drinker and was very excited to get a mountain dew, but all the restaurant had was coke….just my luck!!! HAHAHAHA!
As of right now I am having my first Mt. Dew will I sit in the airport in Dallas, TX waiting on our next flight that goes to Joplin, MO. Yes, in case you did not know as of last week Joplin Airport is now flying American!!!! Yeah and the flights are supposed to be cheaper, so get some money and go on a trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment